Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Very Cold

You have probably been reading in the national news about the cold front in my area.

It was 32 below zero the other night and will be 35 below zero tomorrow night. That's temperature, The wind chills are 50 below zero.

The news says that's a decades old record breaking cold wave. Last year we had about 2 weeks of below 25 below zero weather, not to mention that our normal temps are well below zero anyways.

It's 20 below zero now at 9:30 am, but the Sun is shining brightly.

The weather people are having their fun throwing buckets of water in the air and watching it freeze before the water hits the ground. Natural science changes at 35 below zero.

I have been lucky. My truck sits for days in this weather, but starts right up on the first try. Yes, it is parked outside.

As for me, I'm parked inside. I used to go outside in this weather when I was younger and in better health. These days this weather would be a death sentence if I'm outside to long.

I certainly understand why the older people get, the more they move down South.  I'd probably even live longer if I lived in a warmer climate, but finances won't allow that move.

So all of you living in 70-80 degree weather, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment