Saturday, February 6, 2021

It's Winter !

 It's 7 AM and it's 15 below zero. By 4 PM it's supposed to be 25 below zero. The wind is howling and there are wind chill warnings out for 60 below zero. By midnight it will be 35 below zero. Worst of all, this kind of weather is suppose to last at least 5 days. 

The news stations will be out showing how a bucket of water thrown in the air will freeze before it hits the ground. Wherever you live, you will probably hear about our temperatures on your weather forecast. 

This is normal weather for us this time of year. In fact, we have all been saying what a mild Winter it has been until now. 

I wonder if the virus dies at 30 below zero?

We knew this was coming. It had been forecast for days. I went grocery shopping yesterday to stock up. It was 5 below zero then and it just kept falling. I will catch up on old movies, cook hardy foods like chili, watch the Super Bowl, take hot showers, listen to good music, play on the computer, hope the power won't go out, and hibernate inside. 

Hope your team wins. As an old guy, I'm rooting for the old guy.

4 comments:

  1. Aww. Projection from a Q-Cult MAGAt authoritarian always makes my day. Trump derangement Syndrome is a terrible form of brain rot and moral decay.

    Winter is kicking in with a vengeance. Shoveling snow in the cold air has kicked my arthritis into a throbbing reminder that playing in snow isn't what it used to be back in my times in the Lake Superior watershed.

    Fortunately, I have some herbal therapy and good Scotch arthritis medicine for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. Now alls you need is 8 or ten feet of snow! I like a LITTLE cold weather to help with the reduction of skeeters, ticks, waspers and such but I don't care nothin' 'bout that deepfreeze stuff. nah'sir. I understand everybody has to be somewhere and Lake Woebegone may be a fanciful place in the summer but no thanky on your winters.
    Enjoy the game my friend!
    bj in CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your indoor solution is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://64.media.tumblr.com/94532fec647cd21a9d72853dad553544/4f6c3911cc40433c-28/s1280x1920/d7c5c52dfa8ae12092637face693bac2d7142dc4.jpg

    ReplyDelete