Saturday, October 27, 2018

Another Day In America

I woke up early this morning to find that my team the Boston Red Sox lost a world series record long game of 18 innings. The Sox are up 2 games to one and the fourth game starts soon.

So I went out to do some errands and get some treats for diner and watching the game. I turned on the TV while cooking and heard about the mass shooting at the synagogue. Just sad.

I heard our fearless leader say that if someone in the synagogue had a gun they could have stopped the guy. Then I find out that four well armed police officers were also shot. Like an untrained, but armed civilian could have stopped the guy better than these four well trained, well armed policemen. There is no way to know for sure that a civilian with a gun can stop these well armed lunatic gunmen. This killer had an AR-15 and three high powered hand guns.

This kind of hate and mass killings have been going on for a long time. In fact it's been a while since we have had a mass gun killing. One cannot say that Trump is responsible for this hate, but his hate filled oratory does stir up these nut jobs and encourages them to act. Hate crimes are up since the fascist Trump took office.

Listening to Trump sounds so hollow. He could care less. He's just saying what his advisors tell him to say, then he goes on encouraging hate at public events. 

One of these days when I'm not paying attention to the news, I will be vaporized while out visiting friends, or doing my normal chores. It won't matter much, because there wouldn't be much I could do even if I had notice.

Fate is a funny thing and it cannot be foreseen that one day I would be caught up in a mass killing by some gun nut. Having a pistol on me would not ensure that I would survive that situation. I'd rather the nut job not be able to get a gun in the first place.

11 dead and at least one very critical condition. All the policemen are expected to live.

The shooter is expected to live andf will be charged with hate crimes, which allows for the death penalty to be his punishment.   

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo ... CONGRATULATIONS on the Red Sox World Series Championship, Jerry. I am a lifelong Yankees fan. This part of the celebration was just plain WRONG!
    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/watch_red_sox_troll_yankees_during_champagne_clubhouse_celebration/s1_12740_27631775?mb_edition=20181029
    heh heh heh Yeah, I know #99 started it.
    Congrats and enjoy your Big Win against the only OTHER MLB team I hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yankees! How many World Series wins can a team have?
      Their pitching seemed about equal, but Boston had the better offense. They will be back next year!

      Delete
  2. Meant to add .... I couldn't be happier for David Price. My son played little league ball with him. Same league different team. I worked with his Dad, Bonnie, and went to many of David's games at Vandy with him. David is instrumental in helping fund a ball field and park in Murfreesboro where I live. A wonderful, loving and giving family. Sonny Gray is another local boy. Lots of BB talent here in Mid Tenn.
    Congratulations, again.
    bj

    ReplyDelete