Thursday, September 27, 2018

Apathy

As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

The actions of the Republican led Judiciary Committee and Judge Kavanaugh shows they are lying.

Bret Kavanaugh has already been caught lying under oath. He lied in his FOX news interview. Why would we expect him to tell the truth now?

Did you watch Trump's press conference yesterday afternoon? What a pack of lies! The guy is truly delusional. Talk about a con artist, Trump has been conning people for 50 years.  

It's no wonder people don't vote and ignore their government's actions. This Supreme Court nominee hearing and the actions by the Judiciary Committee is a perfect example why. It's a total joke. The lack of honesty and fairness just in the process alone, screams ridiculousness. The decision will effect millions, but the dishonesty just makes millions of people not care and they refuse to become involved in such a farce.

I believe that's the same attitude millions of Americans took during the election after the Republicans nominated Trump as their candidate for president.

If you want to learn a lesson watching the hearings today (less than 8 hours from now) watch how professionals lie. Watch how lawyers appear to make honest people's statements lies. Watch just how slimy and corrupt your government is.

I don't blame those who refuse to vote, or get involved. I blame those who are involved and claim to have a passion for politics and their government. They are the ones who have guided us to this dishonest and corrupt situation. They are the one who have brought forth these criminal politicians. They are the one willing to lie and spend millions to make sure their slimy candidate wins.

Senator McCain, who was praised as a hero of bi-partisanship recently after his death, supported Republicans and their strategy to deny Obama his pick for the Supreme Court. McCain was perfectly fine with denying Garland a seat on the Supreme Court. Yet, he is being hailed as the example of how Senators should act.

As for me, I will always vote. It was ingrained in me 50 years ago, but I understand the apathy and I won't blame those who are fed up with politics and refuse to involve themselves. As for me, I believe Kavanaugh is lying and should not be on the Supreme Court, but I thought the same about Thomas and he has been sitting on the court for decades. I have a hard time convincing others they should get involved, because they will make a difference, in fact, I have stopped trying. The facts tell them differently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment